2K has a very busy upcoming fall with a half dozen releases slated between the beginning of September and the end of October. Among the six titles is one of the most anticipated games of the year, Mafia III.
The game was originally revealed at Gamescom 2015 and since then has carried with it strong interest from gamers everywhere. While there are other releases for 2K this coming fall, they are certainly investing considerable resources into Mafia III.
Not only is 2K investing big time dollars into Mafia III, but they already put on a tremendous display at E3 2016. In a recent company conference call, Take-Two Interactive’s CEO Strauss Zelnick spoke about how the game showed at E3 as well as the expectations they have for the game.
“On Mafia III at E3, yes we had a great show. We’re really excited about it and are proud of the way we showed off the title. What can I say? [Mafia III earned] 60 accolades and 12 awards, enormous buzz, and lots of press, and that’s one of the many things E3 is good for.
“This is a title that we’ve put a lot of investment in in terms of development and marketing, both current and upcoming, and we have high hopes for it,” Zelnick said.
It certainly was interesting to see companies like EA and Activision take alternative approaches to E3 this year, however, games like Mafia III still benefitted from the show in a big way. It’ll be interesting to see how E3 comes together next year, but no matter what, E3 is still a mainstay event.
Mafia III has been in development for years and is under the control of studio Hangar 13. As someone who has seen and learned a lot about the new game, it’s certainly shaping up to be one of this year’s biggest, and potentially best games.
The level of reaction the open-world of New Bordeaux will have to player choices is incredible. Whether you are choosing areas of the world to assign to one of your allies or you are trying to take hold of a location from a rival gang, this world will talk back to you in a big way.
Gamers will have the chance to see what Mafia III is like when it finally releases this coming Oct. 7. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017