Something many games have had to consider these days is how to take an established franchise and move it forward, while making sure both long-time fans and new fans can follow along with what it is happening in the story.
Kingdom Hearts is a fine example of a series that has gone many miles and told many stories, but still, Square Enix has a desire to keep gamers of all experience levels engaged with the narrative in Kingdom Hearts 3.
It’ll be interesting to see how the narrative is tied together to please both sides of the aisle, but aside from the story, we now have some insight into how the game will begin. Kingdom Hearts 3 Director Tetsuya Nomura talked about how the game will begin and what players can expect from it.
“[Kingdom Hearts 3]’s intro is short, and it begins straight away, but I am thinking very precisely about how to make sure both those who have been with the series for a long time and those for whom this will be the first KH title will be able to follow along.
“However, the details and particulars will be told in KH3D and KH0.2, so please play KH2.8 while you are waiting for [Kingdom Hearts 3], it will make the flow of the story easy to grasp. For those who want to know everything in detail as they have up until now before the journey begins, I think it is best to play KH2.8 in preparation,” Nomura told Famitsu via Christian Times and KHInsider.
Sometimes making a game inclusive for both players who are familiar with a franchise and those who are not can be a gamble. The gamble I’m speaking about is sacrificing richer storytelling in favor of keeping things digestible for new players. This isn’t always the case, just a occurrence Square hopefully dodges.
Kingdom Hearts 3 should be getting its next update of new information in the coming months. Apparently from what Nomura has said though, coming months is looking like it’ll be during the December time frame for a reveal, given Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8’s December release time frame.
“Work on [Kingdom Hearts 3] is progressing too, but as I said recently, I’d like you to first pay attention to KH2.8, which has an important position, so I am going to update you all with information on [Kingdom Hearts 3] around when KH2.8 releases. Please look forward to both games,” Nomura said.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017