The Kingdom Hearts series has seen great iteration over the past few years, however, it’s not the type of iteration that some fans have been looking for exactly. Its next major installment, which fans are most anticipating, is undoubtedly Kingdom Hearts 3, and the director of the game shared some insights into what fans can expect.
Square Enix has done a fine job of telling a wide breadth of stories within the realm of Kingdom Hearts, but many are wondering how that has impacted the story of the series’ next main chapter. Kingdom Hearts 3 Director Tetsuya Nomura was asked about whether or not the story from other Kingdom Hearts games has made the plot of Kingdom Hearts 3 thinner as a result.
“It’s not that I’ve spread the story out, perhaps it’s more that I’ve separated the parts that would have ruined [Kingdom Hearts 3‘s] tempo if they were told then. In fact, [Kingdom Hearts 3] is overwhelmingly big, so it’s not that content has been shaved off, and it’s something I’ve worried over how to handle.
“And then, to me, I’ve made a lot of RPGs so far, and I think rather than listening to long explanations at the start of the game, we want to enjoy the adventure right away, so I decided to try and keep the opening exposition part of [Kingdom Hearts 3] as short as possible.
“Because of that, maybe people will be like, “why is Sora here?”, feeling like [Kingdom Hearts 3] begins comparatively abruptly. Of course, if you keep playing, you’ll work out the minimum about the situation,” Nomura told Famitsu, via Christian Times and KHInsider.
Gamers have been looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3 for quite sometime, but it seems as though Final Fantasy 15 needs to be released first, and then the former can take center stage. The latter is going to release this coming Sept. 30, and then hopefully we’ll get more color on Kingdom Hearts 3.
Kingdom Hearts 2 was released back in 2005, and so gamers have been more than patiently waiting for the next main entry. Should Kingdom Hearts 3 launch next year, it will be over a decade since we last saw a main chapter in the series. Talk about anticipation.
- Sniper Elite 4 Unleashes New Deathstorm Chapter Today - April 25, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Coming This Year, But What About Advanced Warfare 2? - April 25, 2017
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017