Microsoft shocked the world with a brand-new lineup of Xbox One consoles at E3 2016, and they are moving swiftly with their plan to provide different options to gamers. Next year will bring Project Scorpio, but now has already brought Xbox One S.
Those who have picked up the Xbox One S have been able to enjoy the features of the slimmer, slightly newer system. Albert Penello, who is the senior director of product marketing and planning at Xbox, talked about the Xbox One controller that has come with Xbox One S.
“Personally, I think we have best controller ever made! To be clear, connection to the Xbox One S still uses our high-bandwidth, low-latency Xbox Wireless protocol. We make that Wireless Protocol available on PC with ourXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
“However, we wanted people to be able to use their same controller more easily OFF the console in tablet and laptop situations. By adding Bluetooth support people playing on a Windows 10 tablet or PC can use the controller ‘on the go’. I think our Xbox One Wireless Protocol provides the best experience, and now I love the added flexibility we provide by adding Bluetooth,” Penello told Eurogamer.
Gamers will ultimately be the judge of such a claim as they tend to be, but the Xbox One S controller at the very least seems to be an upgrade from the controller we saw with the initial Xbox One release in 2013.
Microsoft will release a slew of Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusives this coming fall with games like Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. The firm plans to space out its exclusives more in the coming years, instead of the fall heavy lineup they’ve exuded the past few years. Xbox One S is available now.
- Sniper Elite 4 Unleashes New Deathstorm Chapter Today - April 25, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Coming This Year, But What About Advanced Warfare 2? - April 25, 2017
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017