Microsoft shocked the world with a brand-new lineup of Xbox One consoles at E3 2016, and they are moving swiftly with their plan to provide different options to gamers. Next year will bring Project Scorpio, but now has already brought Xbox One S.
Those who have picked up the Xbox One S have been able to enjoy the features of the slimmer, slightly newer system. Albert Penello, who is the senior director of product marketing and planning at Xbox, talked about the Xbox One controller that has come with Xbox One S.
“Personally, I think we have best controller ever made! To be clear, connection to the Xbox One S still uses our high-bandwidth, low-latency Xbox Wireless protocol. We make that Wireless Protocol available on PC with ourXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
“However, we wanted people to be able to use their same controller more easily OFF the console in tablet and laptop situations. By adding Bluetooth support people playing on a Windows 10 tablet or PC can use the controller ‘on the go’. I think our Xbox One Wireless Protocol provides the best experience, and now I love the added flexibility we provide by adding Bluetooth,” Penello told Eurogamer.
Gamers will ultimately be the judge of such a claim as they tend to be, but the Xbox One S controller at the very least seems to be an upgrade from the controller we saw with the initial Xbox One release in 2013.
Microsoft will release a slew of Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusives this coming fall with games like Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. The firm plans to space out its exclusives more in the coming years, instead of the fall heavy lineup they’ve exuded the past few years. Xbox One S is available now.
- Nintendo Switch Will Receive Overcooked: Special Edition - July 24, 2017
- Linkin Park Releases Heartfelt Letter to the Late Chester Bennington - July 24, 2017
- Microsoft Reveals $279 Xbox One S Madden 18 Bundle - July 24, 2017
- LawBreakers Exclusive: Not Just Another Shooter, but a Fast, Frantic Symphony - July 24, 2017
- Review: Suerte Reposado – A Perfect Fit for National Tequila Day - July 24, 2017
- Take-Two Teases ‘Huge Title’ From 2K Possibly Coming in 2018 - July 24, 2017
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Not on the Same Level as GTA 5, Says Take-Two - July 23, 2017
- Boss Key Productions Talks Bringing LawBreakers To PS4 Pro & PS4 - July 23, 2017
- Are Modern Day TVs Why PS4 Pro & Xbox One X Games Won’t Run Over 60 FPS? - July 22, 2017
- Lead Designer Considers Odds of LawBreakers Becoming an eSport - July 22, 2017