Ubisoft has a wide span of popular brands across its entire portfolio and the company continues to push the quantity and quality of all. They released Tom Clancy’s The Division this year, which was met with massive popularity, and it’s brands like that and Watch Dogs that give its other, longer-running titles a chance to relax.
Some gamers had grown tired of the yearly installments in the Assassin’s Creed franchise. Those titles had been released every year since Assassin’s Creed II was launched during 2009, but 2016 will break that yearly trend with no new Assassin’s Creed video game.
As mentioned before, Ubisoft has a wide breath of popular titles so they do not need to rely on Assassin’s Creed each year anymore, or at least that’s their perspective today. Alain Corre, who is Ubisoft’s head of EMEA, talked about how important Watch Dogs 2 is and what it allows a brand like Assassin’s Creed to do.
“This year we have five AAA franchises to come. Watch Dogs 2 is coming and we think that can be a super good game at the end of this year. We’ve listened to all the feedback people were sending us after Watch Dogs 1 and we’ve ticked all the boxes for improving the game and making the size of the game twice as big, and the hacking system lets you now hack anybody, all the vehicles and drones and so on.
“We’ve also added more multiplayer and co-op. For us, now we can count on all these franchises, which is great because it allows us to let some of our brands breathe,” Corre told GI.
Ubisoft might be letting Assassin’s Creed breath during 2016, but they are still putting out the series’ first feature film this coming Dec. 21. It will be the first major motion picture to launch from Ubisoft Motion Pictures, with The Division apparently hot on its heels with an upcoming release of its own.
Many around the industry expect Assassin’s Creed to launch a new video game installment toward the end of next year, which would resume the run of one of the most popular brands in gaming. While we still look at 2016 though, the highly anticipated Watch Dogs 2 will debut this coming Nov. 15 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017